Thursday, February 16, 2012

DM/NIDDM

Hello Everyone!
In route to achieving greatness.. sometimes I neglect the blog life and I apologize for that ..However, Today in clinic I saw a Patient who is a Diabetic.. she's about 40 years of age and came in for an eye exam... she complained of changes in Vision ...

During the course of her exam I asked her what her blood sugar was ... she responded with 328!!!! then said she told me that her A1C was 11.3 yesterday! and that in the past 4 months .. her blood sugar has been well over 500!!!! 

These number are off the charts !!!!

with that said.... Diabetes is the number one cause of new blindness in America SO if you or someone that you know has diabetes ... PLEase get an complete eye exam!!!!!!

Your vision is precious ... don't lose it over a condition that can be treated and monitor it  frequently!

until next time...
-Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment